Count People from very dense crowds by taking a foto – Free!
No Installation required!
Estimate: 553 Persons
Crowd density estimation has been a difficult task especially in very crowded scenes, e.g. rallies, protests, festivals, carnivals and other gatherings. Deep Visual Counter estimates the people count from just a foto taken by a smartphone.
Just take a foto of the crowd in a correct scale ratio (described below) or resize it using any image editor and analyse it using this tool on your Windows PC to get the head count, nothing else required. No especial cameras, other hardware needed.
- Windows 10 ( may work on older version but not tested)
- RAM atleast 8 GB
- Processor – faster the better. At-least 2 GHZ dual core.
- 2 GB of free Disk drive space
- Download the program from the download link
- unzip it, go to DVC folder and click on “Deep Visual Counter ” shortcut, or DeepVisualCounter.exe inside the folder with same name.
- To get best results choose an image or resize it so that an average human head is in a size of approximately 50×50 pixels.
- Click on the file and then to select an image (currently only jpg format supported), click open and wait for image to process. It will take a while and the progress will be shown with a flickering screen.
- After finishing the processing which can take from several seconds to several minutes depending upon the size of the image, at the top bar displays total persons count estimate as well number faces (clearly visible faces only from front ). Your CPU usage will be very high during the processing.
- Accuracy: The accuracy varies depending upon the quality of image, light, perspective and scale of the images. Under ideal conditions (e.g. in the foto shown above and scale of 50×50 for one person) it can achieve the accuracy above 95%.
Source 1 : Download (460 MB)
Source 2 : Download (460 MB)
(in case of problems in downloading, please let me know.)
By downloading this you agree to :
- Not to re-distribute
- Use at your own risk